Re: libcurl with in C timeout / error

From: Thomas Bonham <thomasbonham_at_bonhamlinux.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:06:29 -0700

> curl_easy_perform will return one of the CURLE_* constants in case of
> error.

I really don't know what you mean here. I'm still some what new to C
programming and this is really my first time using something that
isn't a POSIX library.

> What do you mean by good and bad urls? If you want to validate
> url syntax, then don't rely on libcurl -- it will try hard to make
> sense
> of any string you feed it ;-) If bad means "doesn't give any data" for
> you, then any nonzero return code indicates a bad url.

Yes that is what I mean by a bad or good url. If you go to a browser
page with the url curl.haxx.se you get a 200 back as your code and if
you go to curl.hexx.se you get a 404 back that is what I'm trying to do.

Thank you,

Thomas