Re: How do I compile and install libcurl with MinGW?

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:43:56 +0200

Hi Samus,
> I extracted the sources and I ran the Makefile.m32 that is inside the
> 'lib'
there are also mingw32 targets in the main Makefile in the root.

> folder. I got an error from the included file 'ca-bundle.h' from 'url.c:
> line 140'. I looked at the contents of ca-bundle.h and it is a make
> generated file, but It has some kind of error. So I modified line 147 on
> the
> Makefile.m32 to read:
> @echo $(DL)/*Do not edit this file - it is created by make!$(DL) > $@
> instead of:
> @echo $(DL)/* Do not edit this file - it is created by make!$(DL) > $@
> (note
> the space between /* and Do).
hmm, do you use MingW32 from bash = MSYS?

> After doing this it compiles correctly (for some reason make gives me this
> error but it ignores it: make: [libcurl.dll] Error 127 (ignored) ). But
> how
> do I install the libraries so I can use libcurl's functions in my
> programs?
> Am I doing this correctly? Why does error 127 show up?
no sure, please answer my question, and please do also post the exact error output with your next mail;
the I might be able to see what's wrong....

Also can you please try with recent daily snapshot since we have just removed the ca-bundle.h file;
so anyway this error should now be gone:
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/

Guenter.