Re: About receiving data

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 09:18:53 +0200

Prasad J Pandit wrote:
> + Have download links to the latest packages/mirrors right in front
> of your project home page.

I agree here. There should be a "download" link in the left-side menu
even on the libcurl page.

> + Provide windows installer. on Linux/Unix you have the configure & make,
> but setting those HTTP_ONLY and such macros in MSVC is really pain.
> Especially if you are not a Windows guy. Like I'm not very conversant
> with these things of Windows.

I agree here too. However, this requires that a Windows programmer with
a clue steps forward does the job. Alas, my experience tells me that
these are few and far between.

> + Reduce that stupid site to some couple of pages like `tcpdump.org'.
> You know, IMO no project needs more that two pages for a website.

Seriously, you can't really compare tcpdump and curl. (Besides, where is
the Windows installer of tcpdump on that page?)

Linus