RE: About receiving data

From: Prasad J Pandit <prasad.pandit_at_comat.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:08:42 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Gary Maxwell wrote:
> Clearly, you were looking for a rather simple library that was easy to
> find and install, with a rich web portal and support staff to answer all
> your questions (and perhaps use Remote Desktop to resolve your issues
> for you).

   BS.

> You certainly raised valid (and already known) deficiencies regarding
> the web site, the lack of Windows installers, the complex dependencies
> on other libraries, etc. (albeit in a rather mean-spirited manner). The
> curl developers would rather implement additional features and fix bugs
> in the actual package itself, rather than expend effort on fancy
> installers and professionally-designed web sites that are helpful to
> would-be programmers.

   Ah, you are missing the point Gary. An installer does not have to be
fancy or professionally-designed or anything, but it just have to do the
job well.

  `configure & make' are not fancy but they do their job and do it well.
One can have a Perl script to do that on windows (don't ask me to write it
though).

--
Regards
   - Prasad