Re: write callback issues (was Re: A new problem)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:33:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Prasad J Pandit wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>> Curl will read the data as it arrives, and you are never guaranteed that
>> the entire response will be read in one go.
>
> Well, that's when response size is > 1500 bytes, I agree. Here I'm talking
> about less than 200 bytes.

libcurl uses recv() to read data from the socket and it will read as much as
the OS delivers and then it sends that to the callback as it won't wait for
more before it does this.

If you think the recv() call returns too little data you should perhaps debug
your IP stack or look to what network setup changes you can do to iprove
things. This is not libcurl's fault.