Re: write callback issues (was Re: A new problem)

From: Richard Atterer <richard_at_2008.atterer.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:31:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 05:24:24PM +0530, Prasad J Pandit wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> What trailing newlines and what problem? You're just saying that your
>> write callback gets called with non-zero length contents. How is that a
>> problem?
>
> WTF! Are you even following the full thread, if not, please go get
> yourself acquainted.

Hi Prasad, it is wise to be polite to people whose help you seek...

My guess is that your code suffers from random memory corruption or some
other problem that is not directly related to curl. Under Linux, valgrind
is an excellent tool to find these kinds of bugs, but it's not available
for Windows.

Unless you can come up with a self-contained example (single .c file) which
you can post here and which demonstrates the problem, I fear the people on
this list won't really be able to help you.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯