RE: problems with libCURL 7.18-0

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:31:13 -0700

> Vlad - Andrei Lazar wrote:
>
> I am having some trouble with curl under visual studio 2005. I
compiled
> the curl with debug multithread debug options and same for my own dll
> program and any possible other lib.
>
> At random times I am getting a runtime assertion fail:
>
> (unsigned) (c+1)<=256
> inside isctype.c
>
> any clues what might cause such a thing?

If you are using visual studio 2005, you should be able to enter the
debugger when the assertion occurs and look at the call stack. That will
lead you to the source of the problem.

The usual workaround is to cast the offending value to (unsigned char)
before it works its way to a ctype function.

-Gary