Re: write callback issues (was Re: A new problem)

From: Prasad J Pandit <prasad.pandit_at_comat.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:37:31 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Interesting. A hex dump shouldn't include any "squares". How did you produce
> the hex output?

   Of-course, squares are not part of the message or hex output. As I said
earlier, they always show up in the MessageBox, my guess is because of
conversion from char * to wchar *. I added this to recv_data(..)

    char msg[1024];
    _snprintf (msg, sizeof (msg), "%02X", (*(Curldata **)usrp)->data));

> The hex data doesn't make any sense at all, looks just like garbage. This
> leads me to believe that there is a bug either in libcurl or in your program
> (no offense, but I think it's the latter) that causes this.

   Well I agree to some extent, as supposedly, I'm the only one facing
this problem.

> Would you care to share with us both the entire callback code and the code
> that sets up libcurl for transfers? Please also include the code you use to
> get the output you just described.
>
> The best would be if you managed to create a program with everything but the
> curl specific code stripped out, so I can compile and test it myself.

   I understand, I'll try if I could do that. But no promise.

Thank you so much!

--
Regards
   - Prasad