Re: libcurl eas built whitout LIBSSH2

From: Stephen Collyer <scollyer_at_netspinner.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:46:39 +0100

mikep_at_proatria.com wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 04:15:19PM +0100, Stephen Collyer wrote:
>> The comments made by Brian suggest that you may
>> not have supplied the import libraries required for
>> the .dll's in the package you created - there are
>> .lib files present, but I'm suspecting that they
>> are, in fact, static libs and not import libraries
>> (but am too Windows-clueless to be able to tell,
>> though the .libs look very big for import libraries
>> to my eyes).
>>
>> Can you remember what you did here ?
>
> I'm not a Windows expert either, it may be one of the files attached.
>
> Cheers
> Mike

OK, it seems to be libcurl_imp.lib BUT I had to rename
it to libcurl.lib, VSC++ 2005 was then happy and linked against
the corresponding .dll. This makes sense as the LINK
command was looking for libcurl.lib, not libcurl_imp.lib.

I suspect it may be a good idea if you were to update
your package with this file, renamed to libcurl.lib, and
move the existing .libs to a static directory or something
like that.

I notice also that the other .libs in the package are a
mixture of import libs (e.g. libssleay32.lib) and static
libs (e.g. zlib.lib) - it didn't stop my link from completing,
though I can't see how any references from libcurl.dll to
zlib.dll can have been resolved. Maybe there's some
additional magic that I don't understand.

--
Regards
Steve Collyer