Re: Working with curl connections as with sockets.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:14:18 -0700

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:52:42PM +0400, tetetest tetetest wrote:
> Telnet is universal protocol that can be used for many purposes (e.g., for
> getting emails from a POP3 or IMAP server). So I chose to give it a try.

You can't use telnet to talk to a POP3 or IMAP server--you have to use
POP3 or IMAP. It just happens that when you use popular UNIX
command-line telnet clients, they switch to essentially a raw socket mode
when connecting to non-telnet ports, which lets you type in protocol data
manually. I don't think curl does this raw mode in its telnet client.

>>> Dan