Re: SSL handshake using SSPI

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:06:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, vaibhav bindroo wrote:

> a)I would like to know if it is possible to use SSPI and MS crypto library
> to establish SSL (HTTPS) connections using libcurl? I only intend to use the
> library for connection establishment (SSL Hanshake ) and leave the rest on
> the application to handle the I/O and stuff .

No, it's not.

> b)I have already used HTTP CONNECT ONLY option to establish a HTTP PROXY
> tunnel and handle socket fd on my own . Likewise I intend to add
> SSPI-enabled SSL support for HTTPS connection on the same lines . I would
> appreciate if anyone gives me helpful pointers on that .

As has been discussed in another thread, doing SSL over such a CONNECT_ONLY
connection takes some creative programming but can be done at least with
OpenSSL. A better fix is in progress and perhaps you can try out Tetetest's
patch(es) in the "Working with curl connections as with sockets." thread.