error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE

From: Vijay <nags.vijay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:29:52 +0530

Am trying to connect to a server *HTTPS
*
With IE its working fine but in my client code am getting an error

 successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /usr/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed
* Closing connection #0

I have following questions
1. I have server certificate and its private key with me?
    Do I need to edit something in curl-ca-bundle.crt?

2. When IE able to do it why not libcurl.
     Its an apache server, but there am not able to get any public key then
how IE works.
     I have added that server certificate in bundle and tried also.

*3. If it is a self signed certificate how to verify them, will curl verify

*Please send me the details

--
VIJAY