Re: CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT equivalent for HTTP?

From: Suresh Krishnappa <sureshk_at_picorp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 17:21:28 +0530

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2008, Suresh Krishnappa wrote:
>
>> Not sure why this is provided only for FTP. Is there anything in the
>> pipeline for HTTP?
>
> I've never seen a reason to add it for HTTP. And no, I have no
> personal plans to add it either.
>
> You can in fact craft your own by using the existing callbacks.

If you are trying to download a large file, the time taken to start the
transfer could be small but the actual transfer will take time.
So setting a timeout based on an estimate for the entire transfer may
not be the best thing to do.

FTP and HTTP shouldn't be very different with respect to this.

I'll consider using the progress callback for this.
Thanks