SSL Output on Perl's Libcurl

From: Brian Fife <brian382_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:36:36 -0400

Hello,

I'm using WWW::Curl::Easy to download files that are available only on a password-protected SSL connection. Using the script found at http://search.cpan.org/~szbalint/WWW-Curl-4.00/lib/WWW/Curl.pm#WWW::Curl::Easy. I have removed the print("Received response: $response_body\n") and have changed the output to be a file instead of a variable.

My problem is that when the $curl->perform is called, I get SSL handshake output:

SSLv2, Client hello (1):
c985
À32/cba @ed¾¨­Hè±=+FçSSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
FH9̳¯÷áb3ÔÁ"½UübÕÑc9Èvb

I haven't seen any options for disabling this via setopt, and I also tried setting CURL_VERBOSE to 0. Is there any way to disable this output?

Thanks,

Brian