Re: Persistant connection with a memory problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 23:26:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Michael Hecker wrote:

>> What libcurl version? And while you showed us code, we don't see how you
>> use it. Can you show us a complete example that leaks memory?

> I'm using version: libcurl-7.16.4-win32-ssl-sspi

There have been a few leaks fixed since that version but I don't think any of
them applied to your kind of app. Still, I would advice you to try the most
recent version anyway just to be sure and avoid chasing bugs that already are
fixed.

> http://localhost/test.csv - test.csv contains plain-text and is about 500Kb
> big. It doesn't matter which kind of content I'm receiving.

I meant that it would help if you show us the full source code to an
application (as small as possible) that has the leak. In 95% of all reported
leak cases, the error is in the app or how the app uses libcurl and not in
libcurl itself.