Re: Compilers used for non-configure systems/platforms

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:10:27 -0700

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 01:48:15AM +0200, Yang Tse wrote:
> Would it be OK to check for (__SYMBIAN) instead of (__SYMBIAN32__) ?

I don't know if __SYMBIAN is supported in any modern version of the OS,
whereas __SYMBIAN32__ definitely is.

> Googling around I found that the "long long" support was first
> introduced in Symbian 8.1 and available since that version up to now.
> What I have been unable to find is how to properly check the Symbian
> version so that versions prior to 8.1 would simply use a 32 bit long.

The curl Symbian port depends on the P.I.P.S. POSIX subsystem which is
only available on OS versions >= 9.1, as well as other 9.x features, so
there's no point in worrying about older releases.

>>> Dan