Re: Corrupted heap after several hours

From: <chrisenpingouin_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:05:18 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for your fast response yesterday in which you wrote:

> OpenSSL is known for their valgrind errors (especially since the Debian
> debacle). You should rebuild OpenSSL with PURIFY defined before you run any
> valgrind checks on it (and the OpenSSL problems tend to "spread" to libcurl
> parts as reported by valgrind):

I rebuilt OpenSSL with PURIFY defined and also I did not strip symbols out of
the OpenSSL libraries.

Then, I rebuilt libcurl just to be sure it was correctly pointing to the right
libraries. Sure I know this shouldn't be necessary bur I really wanted to be
sure.

Then, I recompiled threaded-ssl.c and ran it under valgrind again.

I obtained nearly the same result as yesterday, except that valgrind finds all
errors in libcrypto.so.0.9.8.

Therefore, it seems that libcurl is not the cause of my memory corruption and
I'll have to look elsewhere.

Please accept my appologies for this and many thanks for your kind help.

Have a nice day. ChD