Re: NSS support quirks

From: Rob Crittenden <rcritten_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:45:23 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Hey
>
> I tried to build libcurl with NSS the other day and the experience got
> me quite annoyed.
>
> - NSS doesn't seem to have any proper "home" on the internet so I can't
> find
> what the most recent version is or what the recent changes to it have
> been.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ is the home but seems
a bit out-of-date.

> - I can't find any proper documentation for the functions libcurl uses.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/nssfunctions.html
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/

This too is a bit dated but should have most of what you need.

> - I run a fairly updated Debian Unstable and I have NSS version 3.12
> installed I believe. configure detects and enables NSS for the build, but
> I seem to lack several functions and the linking fails.

Can you provide details?

> Can anyone help me out with these problems of mine? What NSS version
> should I use? Where do I find it?

I can try. I'm not sure how NSS is packaged on Debian, I've only used it
on Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or built it myself).

I think that NSS 3.12 should be fine.

rob