Re: some autobuild tests fail with ares + ipv6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:28:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> I did yesterday enable a Linux autobuild with ares and ipv6, and it seems
> that some tests are skipped with this combination; is it possible that these
> tests are still blocked from past times where ares wasnt ipv6-aware?

Well, yes I believe there are still traces in the code and possibly configure
script from back when c-ares didn't handle IPv6.

But, as got painfully obvious when Debian started building curl with c-ares,
libcurl has ipv6-related problems when c-ares is used[1] and c-ares itself
seems to have some ipv6-related problems left[2].

I don't have any kind of ipv6 setup myself so I've not personally given these
problems a lot of attention.

[1] = A fix might be possible based on this patch
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-03/0280.html

[2] = http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481189 and