Re: SFTP commands

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:05:40 -0700

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 02:37:47PM +0530, nagarajan.sreenivasan_at_wipro.com wrote:
> The permissions are getting changed (the user has permission to change)(FTP
> works fine with out throwing any errors)
>
> But in sftp when the file has 555 or 444 permissison and we try to change any
> other permissions
> The permisison are changed but the following error occurs
>
> * Re-using existing connection! (#0) with host <hsotname>
> * Connected to <hsotname> (<hsotname>) port 22 (#0)
> * Sending quote commands
> * Attempt to set SFTP stats failed: Permission denied---->what is this error
> * Connection #0 to host <hsotname> left intact
> * Quote command returned error
> The value of the errorStatus ::.ChmodFile 21(from curl_
>
> should I have to set/configure some settings for the sftp user do let me know
> how to do it????

What OS is the remote server running? What kind of filesystem is the remote
file on? sftp sets all the attributes of a file at once and if one type of
attribute fails to be set, then it could return such an error. For example,
changing the mode or UID of a file on a DOS filesystem wouldn't work,
and could conceivably cause this kind of problem. Can you verify through
the remote server logs whether it is in fact sending a Permission denied
error code?

>>> Dan