Re: Trying to download and remove files from server via vb.net-needhelp

From: Wayne Phares <lists_at_waynesplace.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:48:00 -0500

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Trying to download and remove files from server via
vb.net-needhelp

>OK, but the man page for the equivalent function (curl_easy_setopt) in
>says:
>
> CURLOPT_QUOTE
> Pass a pointer to a linked list of FTP commands to pass
>the server
> prior to your ftp request. The linked list should be
>fully valid list of
> 'struct curl_slist' structs properly filled in. Use
>curl_slist_append(3) to
> append strings (com­mands) to the list, and clear
> the
>entire list
> afterwards with curl_slist_free_all(3). Disable this
>operation again
> by setting a NULL to this option.
>
>Note the last sentence. If the same applies to vb.net, wouldn't you
>need to
>do something like:
>
> CURLFTP.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_QUOTE, NULL)
>
>to disable the QUOTE?? I assume "Slist.FreeAll()" is the vb.net
>equivalent
>to "curl_slist_free_all()".
>
>Ralph Mitchell

Thanks for the reply - when I add the following code after the
.preform():

CURLFTP.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_QUOTE, vbNull)

I processes the first file and then starts to download the second and
enters what appears to be a loop:

(I let it go for a good 5 minutes - twice)

RETR pb002231.png
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for pb002231.png (93644 bytes)
Getting file with size: 93644
Progress: 93644 0 0 0
Progress: 93644 0 0 0
Progress: 93644 0 0 0
Progress: 93644 0 0 0
Progress: 93644 0 0 0

It never finished downloads anything after the first QUOTE commands are
sent.