Re: Trying to download and remove files from server viavb.net-needhelp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:58:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Wayne Phares wrote:

> Am I issuing the proper commands in the correct order to accomplish what I
> am want to do?

You don't do anything wrong. it is a server problem. And since the server
isn't acting correctly, it is very hard to figure out why it does like this
and what you can do to make it not misbehave.

> I find it odd that it does not start failing until I do the DELE, without
> that it works fine.

Server problem.

> Is the request for the dummy file the right way to get a DELE sent to the
> server?

That's one way to do it and it works fine. But since you're tranferring files
anyway you don't have to transfer any dummy-files but could simply do the
quote-stuff together with one of "real" transfers.