Re: debians ipv6/c-ares patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:49:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> attached please find the patch that the debian curl package would for
> nitting together c-ares and curl for ipv6 usage. It is largely based on work
> by Phil Blundell <pb_at_reciva.com>. one known issue found when uploading a
> curl package with this to experimental is the fact that it curl will do ipv6
> lookups even if -4 for ipv4 usage is specified.

Thanks!

Here's my rework of the patch, mainly to address these two issues:

1 - alloca() isn't really portable and must not be used

2 - this code now attempts to acknowledge the -4/-6 options, known as
     CURL_IPRESOLVE_* in libcurl

If someone could just verify that this works on IPv6-enabled hosts, I'd also
like to move the Curl_he2ai() function from hostip4.c since that is now used
even for ipv6 systems. Thus it seems more suitably placed in hostip.c.