Re: curl dns cache and dns changes on linux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:57:50 -0700

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:45:33AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I wonder if we can make libcurl itself use it in a clever way somehow
> without it causing badness. res_init() doesn't seem to be POSIX either so
> this "That's what res_init() is for" statement seems very glibc-specific.
>
> Anyone knows how this works on other systems/libc implementations?

uClibc didn't support it as of a couple of years ago, and a patch I submitted
to make it do so wasn't very well received (as I recall, I got a response
something like "Just because glibc does it that way doesn't mean we need
to"). I just browsed the source and they did end up making it work the
same way, though.

>>> Dan