_REENTRANT, _ALL_SOURCE, _THREAD_SAFE, _LARGE_FILES, etc

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:27:41 +0200

Hi friends,

The effort of changing curl_off_t gating from off_t to a 64 bit data
type that does not depend on LFS settings is now completed in nearly
an 80%. So I hope it doesn't take too long before I post the proposed
patch.

The changes will use a configure-generated config file in the curl
public headers. This file might in turn sometimes include system
header files required for the definition of public curl symbols.

This implies that macros such as the ones in the subject line which
modify compilation and linking characteristics should be defined
before any header file is included, at least when the library is being
built.

So the question I have or confirmation that I need before going any
further actually has to do with the placement of macros such as the
ones in the subject line. I suppose that we do not want these macros
defined and exported in the public interface and that we do really
want them defined and used, if appropriate, when building the library.

Comments please. Is this what should be done ?

--
-=[Yang]=-