Re: Locking files, A fun but useless game

From: tetetest tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:51:06 +0400

* Garabled Sdjhsjd <garbaledup541_at_yahoo.ca> [Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:28:21
-0700 (PDT)]:

> If i keep the connection, i can still access the file even if it has
> been deleted... interesting. I'll write some code and test that out.

This has nothing to do with network connections - rather, it's
characteristic for UNIX filesystems. When you delete a file that is open
by some process, you only delete its name from the directory - the data
itself is still on the disk. It is only actually removed when the last
handle to the file is closed.

So, you will not be able to do this "remove and read" trick with Windows
servers. :)

--
tetetest tetetest.