Solaris 10 autobuild and aclocal memory exhausted

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:48:05 +0200

Hi Tor,

Since the introduction of the reentrant.m4 macro file the Solaris 10
autobuild is logging the following errot when buildconf tries to run
aclocal:

buildconf: running aclocal
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/opt/csw/bin/gm4: memory exhausted
autom4te: /opt/csw/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
The aclocal command line failed

I initially thought that it was a problem of an infinite loop
inclusion recursion and moved reentrant.m4 to a new 'm4' subdirectory.

As it can be seen in a subsequent test this has not solved the issue.
The problem persists. I'll keep trying to find the reason for this
failure. But right now I suspect an underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GTK.

Would it be possible to modify line #7 of
/opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4 so that it quotes the definition of the
AM_PATH_GTK macro ?

Something like changing:
AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_GTK,
into: