Re: Solaris 10 autobuild and aclocal memory exhausted

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 04:42:30 +0200

Hi Tor,

I've just changed the way the reentrant.m4 file is pulled in into the
configure script to something much more simple than what I was
initially using. Just for future reference, here's the commit

Tests done using 'aclocal -I m4' in buildconf and 'ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4
in top Makefile.am triggered a problem that prevented aclocal from running
successfully on SunOS 5.10 with GNU m4 1.4.5 and GNU Autoconf 2.61

A tarball which reproduces mentioned problem is the one dated July-28-2008
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/curl-7.19.0-20080728.tar.gz

We actually don't need all the bells and whistles that the above mechanism
provides. We only need to include our m4/reentrant.m4 file in acinclude.m4
so here we go with this simpler mechanism.

This implies that where in previous message I said:
"With the gm4 1.4.5 in place and with a just checked out curl CVS tree run:"

Obviously should now read:
"With the gm4 1.4.5 in place and with source from July-28-2008 tarball run:"

Everything else applies equally.

And what's more important know, at least for this project, is to have
gm4 1.4.5 in in the autobuild again to verify that what is now
committed does not trigger the problem with the previous versions
setup.

--
-=[Yang]=-