Re: Solaris 10 autobuild and aclocal memory exhausted

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:43:42 +0200

2008/7/30, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> Unfortunately there's only one automake version available from
> Blastwave.org, [...]

Should I understand that there is more than one autoconf version available ?
Remember that autom4te 'belongs' to autoconf.
Could you search the system for more than one 'autom4te' file ?

If you happen to have more than one we could also be facing a
hardcoded path to the wrong one from inside 'aclocal'. Fortunately, if
this is the case, aclocal 1.10 from automake 1.10 will use whatever
autom4te is specified in environment variable AUTOM4TE when this is
set.

> (As mentioned before I can of course run the builds with my own built
> tools, like I did with the gm4 1.4.11 test, but then others may run
> into the same problem - using blastwave.org for all 3party tools is
> very common I believe).

WHat happens if you comment out with 'dnl' near line #140 the
CURL_CONFIGURE_REENTRANT macro invocation in file configure.ac from
current CVS ? Does buildconf succeed ?

> I was in any case planning on posting a problem report on gm4 1.4.5 on
> blastwave.org, but my login account doesn't seem to get validated due
> to I don't know what problem.

I think that it would be more appropriate to report the problem first
to the automake and autoconf mailing lists, after all they are
generating the input for gm4.

--
-=[Yang]=-