Re: Support Of cURL on an embedded device

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 23:03:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Nagaraj Math (RBEI/ECE2) wrote:

> We have gone through many of the products which use cURL for transferring
> and receiving data using GPRS or some other media, but all the products
> would use either WindowsCE , linux or some operating system. Our requirement
> is, the hardware we are designing does not have an operating system running
> on it, we are using a microcontroller interfaced with a GPRS modem.

Doing TCP/IP and similar stuff without an OS, not even a small and lean one,
is really something I'd advice against in general. But that's not really
on-topic for this mailing list...

libcurl needs a few POSIX-like functions and a good old BSD-style socket API.
I don't think anyone ever made a list or documented this, but the source code
is there for anyone to have a look or just try it.