Re: State of things for release?

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 02:00:54 +0200

2008/7/29, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> 144 - Help apps use 64bit/LFS libcurl!

Once that the third version of the curl_off_t patch has been posted
I'm not sure if you are expecting at this point something else from me
or not.

As I said, now nearly a couple of months ago, I would not push this
patch into CVS unless it was approved. And I the approval I require is
yours.

I honestly think that using it is an improvement in the right direction.

For backwards compatibility sake we have to keep the curl_off_t name.
Its new name should have been curl_big_t, but there is no other option
here than keeping it as is, it is in the external interface.

It seems that no one except you, has been brave enough to try it out
or at least no one else has reported nothing about it.

I really don't now if the problem is that there hasn't been enough
discussion about it, or if the preliminaries bored people down to
death. Or given the number of files it touches no one will try it
unless they can try a complete tarball.

Comments, please.

--
-=[Yang]=-