Re: Autobuild Red Hat 7.2 Linux 2.4 i686 lcc 4.2 glibc 2.2.5

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 09:14:07 -0700

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 03:29:40PM +0200, Yang Tse wrote:
> Dan, with the 64-bit curl_off_T patch in place, curl_off_t does not
> depend on LFS settings. So my questions still apply. Read further.

I assumed that the patches were attempting to turn on LFS and that was the
cause of the problem. I'll look at the configure logs on Monday to figure
out what's going on.

> Large file support is now 'on' by default if the configure script
> detects in macro AC_SYS_LARGEFILE that the 'off_t' data type is
> capable of holding a 63-bit value.

tcc tries to be a gcc close, so it should provide identical results to the
gcc build on the same machine, modulus the large file problem I mentioned
which involves disabling some things from glibc due to _GNU_SOURCE not
being defined.

> Remember that now curl_off_T has nothing to do with off_t, as a matter
> of fat curl_off_t should have been renamed to curl_big_t, but this is
> not possible in order to keep backwards source code compatibility for
> apps using libcurl.
>
> Now, large file support can be disabled if you configure using option
> '--disable-largefile'.

I'll have to look into that and see if that can help.

>>> Dan