RE: libcurl and async I/O

From: Andrew Barnert <abarnert_at_adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:01:34 -0700

Well, pion looks a lot better than last time I looked at it (November?), but it still doesn’t handle various things I need--proxies, any kind of auth except basic, etc.

It also has its own embedded asio service, and there doesn't seem to be any way to make it share the same one with my other sockets, which means I'd have to either rewrite all of the existing asio code to use pion, or run two services at the same time.

It might be easier to add those features to pion than to hack up libcurl to work asynchronously. I'm not sure, but it's probably worth the time to look into it deeper.

Thanks!