Re: curl_multi_socket_action, http pipelining

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:47:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, George Kola wrote:

> I tried with curl 7.18-2. Should I try the CVS version (i.e. does it have
> fixes for http pipeline stalling) ?

Please don't top post.

I suppose you meant 7.18.2? If not, you should try that (the dash in version
numbering tends to be various linux distros' way to number their package
releases of the packages, which would imply 7.18 distro release 2. Whatever
that would mean).

Yes, I'll _always_ recommend trying the CVS version (or a daily snapshot if
you want to avoid some build hassles) first. In this case, we've fixed a lot
of problems, some of them pipelining related, since the last release so
chances are that even if the problems aren't fixed they may have changed.

And even if the bug is still present, we'd still like to know this as we'd
base all debugging efforts on the CVS version... (this is due to our limited
resources, not due to ignorance)