Re: memory leak?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:17:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Phil Pellouchoud wrote:

(The delay that made this mail take ages to appear was because of a server
breakdown and subsequent revival from dead!)

> I noticed a memory leak after making an HTTPS call. After some amount of
> digging, I found that the last function CRYPTO_cleanup_all_ex_data() was not
> getting called (i.e. it was effectively not compiled in). If I put a call
> to that after curl_global_cleanup(), I noticed that the memory leak went
> away. This lead me to believe that I should have had
> HAVE_CRYPTO_CLEANUP_ALL_EX_DATA defined. I searched for that constant and
> only found it in config-tpf.h and config-symbian.h (which had it commented
> out). I'm guessing that should be defined in config-win32.h, but I'd like
> some guidance here; like possibly if I'm doing something wrong or doing it
> the wrong way...

Aha, yes indeed. If you're using any openssl version later than 0.9.6b (which
should basically be everyone these days) that define should be present! I'll
make sure the config-win32.h file gets this fixed for next release.

Thanks!