Re: TODO-RELEASE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:39:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Jamie Lokier wrote:

>> The only little I experience when trying this out is the fact that
>> configure caches the result from the check so the second check simply
>> re-uses the previous result without doing the check again and I haven't yet
>> worked out how to invalidate that particular cached variable.
>
> Just clear ac_cv_sizeof_off_t.

Actually, just setting that variable to "" just makes the script still
remember that the variable is cached and then reading _no_ size from this
variable!

This is because the check for the cached status looks like this:

   if test "${ac_cv_type_off_t+set}" = set; then
     echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6

But how do I assign a shell variable named this weirdly?