Re: sftp directory listing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:07:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Eric wrote:

> To get a directory listing for FTP I set the URL to a directory and set
> CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION to a callback function that parses the lines.
>
> That same methods works for SFTP, but the lines that come back have the same
> date/time limitations as the FTP listing, mainly the full date and time are
> not shown and it is displayed in local time. I believe SFTP protocol sends
> the full date in UTC. Is there an option in libcurl to get at the full UTC
> date/time for a directory listing?

SFTP actually provides the dir info in pure binary, so what you get is
libcurl's conversion to "FTP-like" output. Yes the code could certainly be
made to output something different, but if we would add such an option I would
also suggest that we then introduce a more fixed and documented format so that
clients can parse it easier.

But no, there's no currently available option to do this.