Re: bagder: curl/lib README.curl_off_t,NONE,1.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:01:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> Good idea--this point deserves driving home. The document implies that
> automatic detection and setting of the SONAME won't be taking place in the
> end. Is that true?

Not entirely. I think we should do a best effort configure-wise, but we have
trouble writing configure tests for everything we want and for some aspects we
can't really know if 7.19.0 is binary incompatible or not.

However the configure checks end up, I think we may need an option to force
the soname bump for the documented cases where it is needed. It'll let
builders know for sure that they get a "clean break".