Re: Is your company using libcurl!?

From: Tim Tassonis <timtas_at_cubic.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:47:23 +0200

Hi Daniel

I'm working for Swisscom, the leading telecommunication provider in
Switzerland (http://www.swisscom.com).

I don't know whether libcurl is used elsewhere in the company, but it's
used in our department in a self-written User Account Management
Application.

We use the php binding for the php written Application Core where curl
is needed to propagate outstanding account manipulations to relay
servers vi a https.

On every managed system (around 800) libcurl is heavily used in the
agent, a program polling for and executing pending account
manipulations, as well as reporting any changes in the local user
account database.

Features we use:
- https with proper certificate verification
- get and (form) post, file upload
- basic authentication

The agent runs on linux, solaris as well as windows, without problems.

As the application is only used internally, I would call it company use
instead of commercial use.

Bye
Tim