Re: State of things for release?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:11:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, tetetest tetetest wrote:

> <P>Hi.<BR>Not sure if this is a real&nbsp;problem: 'make dist' target is
> broken in curl-7.18.2.

Surely you're not sending HTML in mails? And even HTML in mails that claim to
be text/plain ? Hrmpf.

> <BR>Consequently, maketgz doesn't work either:<BR>make
> pdf<BR>make dist<BR>make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.dist',

Right, 'make dist' unfortunately only works if you have checked out the code
from CVS. This is because it needs to replace some of the files in a manner
that isn't that easy to revert. 'maketgz' was used to produce 7.18.2 so I'm
pretty sure it worked, and maketgz is used every day to produce the daily
snapshots so we know fairly well when it works or not...