RE: Building a static version of the library

From: Zachary Page <ZPage_at_nemetschek.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:36:57 -0400

I have just been grabbing the libcurl.a file after running 'make
install'. I added
that to my XCode project and use '-lcurl'. Like I said, everything
built fine, it
just still looks to the system for other .dylibs. What all do I need to
add to my
project in order to make everything static? I had assumed that the
c-ares library
got encapsulated in the libcurl.a, but I must be wrong.

Another issue I have is that I need both ppc and i386 support. I've
been using lipo
to make common libs from different builds.

Thanks again.

Zach