Re: CURLOPT_SCOPE

From: Pramod Sharma <pramodsharma08_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:49:50 +0530

>>From: Phil Blundell <pb_at_reciva.com>
>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:51:34 +0100

>you need to URL-escape the string (i.e. convert % to %25) after adding
>the scope. So, try:
>curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_URL , "http://[fe80::212:3fff:fe55:8470%252]:80/SiteStat.xml");
>You don't need to set CURLOPT_SCOPE if you include a scope id in your URL.
>p.

Hi ,
This is just to confirm my understanding are correct.
1. This CURLOPT_ADDRESS_SCOPE is generally the interface id for the
Link Local address.
2. Now if proxy comes in between , he will have to take care of that
Link Local address somehow like attaching the interface id with
address.
   I don't think curl can take care of that thing at all as that proxy
should attach his interface id with link local address to connect
otherwise connection will fail. ?

Why I am saying all this is because of this
./curl --verbose -6 -g http://[fe80::212:3fff:fe55:8470%252]:80/ttttt
--proxy [2001:db8:0:1:203:ffff:fee1:2a22]:3128
is failing as proxy is failed to connect to fe80::212:3fff:fe55:8470
, here "2" is the interface id (of the local machine ) passed to curl
and if no proxy then things will go perfectly as curl can establish a
connection using this interface , but if proxy in between he will have
to take care of that. ?

-Pramod