Re: Post size 1024 with Continue 100

From: Chris Brown <chrisbrown76_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:51:37 +1200

> You can use CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to get to see exactly what libcurl
> sends, if you don't want to run wireshark on the client side. Here's some
> example code to get inspiration from:
> http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/debug.c
>
> See the lib/http.c:Curl_http() function and the cal within there to
> add_buffer_send() (beware that it differs depending on what method you're
> using).

I have spent the last couple of days continuing to investigate this problem.
I successfully used CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION from the example you gave and can
see the client receiving the 'Continue 100' from the server. It also shows
the '=> Send data' output but as far as I can tell the request never
actually leaves the client. Unfortunately I am unable to install Wireshark
or anything similar on the client to confirm this but unlike the previous
requests the request never actually reaches the server and timesout. From
what I can tell from debugging the Curl_http() function (amongst others) it
appears to behaving correctly. Is there a lower level function I can add
some further debugging to check if the request is being sent at the latest
point in the process?

One thing I did find was that setting the CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION to
CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_0 resolved the issue. Unfortunately I am restricted to
using HTTP/1.1. Disabling Digest authentication had no affect. I haven't
been able to put a test application together yet.

Once again this only occurs for my second post over 1026 bytes in length.

Chris