Problem with LDAP access through SOCKS v4/v5

From: Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:20:53 +0200

Hi all.

I need to access an LDAP server through a SOCKS server, but every time I try
to connect, I get an error.

The URL I'm trying to access is :
ldap://ldap.actalis.it:389/cn=ActalisQualified Certificates
CA,ou=Qualified Certification Service
Provider,o=Actalis
S.p.A.,c=IT?certificateRevocationList=*,certificateRevocationList;binary?subtree?objectClass=*

This is the output of my application (CURL VERBOSE):

CURL Version : libcurl/7.18.2 compiled with Visual Studio 6 SP6 on Windows
XP SP3
  with Microsoft SDK 2003 Release

* About to connect() to proxy xxxxx port yyyy (#0)
* Trying xxx.yyy.zzz.www...
* connected
* SOCKS4 request granted.
* Connected to xxxx (xxx.yyy.zzz.www) port yyyy (#0)
* LDAP local: LDAP Vendor = Microsoft Corporation. ; LDAP Version = 510
* LDAP local: ldap://ldap.actalis.it:389/cn=Actalis Qualified Certificates
CA,ou
=Qualified Certification Service Provider,o=Actalis
S.p.A.,c=IT?certificateRevoc
ationList=*,certificateRevocationList;binary?subtree?objectClass=*
* LDAP local: trying to establish cleartext connection
* LDAP local: ldap_simple_bind_s Not available

LDAP local: ldap_simple_bind_s Not available

Do you have any advice?

Thank you in advance,
Massimiliano Ziccardi