Re: design problem with CURL_SIZEOF_LONG in 7.19.0

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:41:47 +0200

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 19:00, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Now each configured and built libcurl.so has its own set of headers
> which must be distributed and match the built library. It is true that
> on nearly all platforms you can not use 32-bit libcurl headers for a
> 64-bit built libcurl library, as well as the contrary.

Ah, I didn't fully realize that during the discussions.. this could be
a bit tricky for those platforms where you can build both 32- and
64-bit executables as you please, e.g. IRIX and AIX. Solaris too,
although I haven't used the 64-bit feature there. On IRIX there are
two different sets of runtime libraries (/usr/lib32 and /usr/lib64.
And even /usr/lib for the old o32 format). The same for the IRIX
freeware tree (/usr/freeware/lib{32,64}/). But there are only the
common /usr/include and /usr/freeware/include directories for 32- and
64-bit executables.
So, how would one make 32- and 64-bit versions of libcurl for e.g.
IRIX? Without breaking the standard install tree structure? (If I were
to do this myself I think I would have to resort to a manual merge,
with #ifdefs, for the headers.)

Tru64 is 64-bits only afaik so that one is simple at least.

-Tor