WSAPoll could not be located error (x64 Windows)

From: Vyacheslav Pascarel <vpascare_at_opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:41:12 -0400

Hello,

I am getting the following error while trying to run an application that
uses curl 7.16.1:

"The procedure entry point WSAPoll could not be located in the dynamic
link library WS2_32.dll"

Curl library was built for x64 target platform in the VS 2008 IDE from
the converted .dsp project. Slight modifications were maid in order to
compile the library (like creation of x64 build configuration and
changing a few lines of code) - but nothing major that would introduce
this problem. I saw the similar issue mentioned on the Microsoft site
but no solution for it:

https://beta.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Feedb
ackID=363856

Any advice on dealing with this issue will be greatly appreciated,

Vyacheslav Pascarel.