libcurl : HTTP request Header

From: Sandeep Kale <sandeep.skale_at_patni.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:11:58 +0530

Hi,

I am doing a HTTP POST to a server and have set Request header for
Content-Type, content length and Soap Action. After completing the request I
see the below headers from the request.

Expect: 100-continue

From where should "Expect: 100-continue" be going with the request header?
and why ?.

Reason for asking this is, I have seen below line in RFC 2068:

An HTTP/1.1 (or later) server that receives a request from a
HTTP/1.0 (or earlier) client MUST NOT transmit the 100 (continue)
response; it SHOULD either wait for the request to be completed
normally (thus avoiding an interrupted request) or close the
connection prematurely.

And I am getting response with below Response header,
< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK