Re: Problem with LDAP access through SOCKS v4/v5

From: Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:42:56 +0200

Hi Jose.

Thank you for your help.

>Try first using a valid DN like your own DN (or even a not so complex DN)
>should be better:

My DN is valid. If I try without a SOCKS server (connecting through a modem
connection) everything works...
I'd like to point out that my SOCKS server is OK: with other softwares it
works.

>Then, you will be prompted to enter your password like this "Enter host
>password for user 'cn=xxxx,ou=xxxx,o=xxxx':"

I need anonymous access. I've to access the LDAP server to download CRLs,
and I've no accounts nor passwords

>Is your problem solved ?

Not at all. Now our deadline is very close, so we decided to abandon the
idea of using curl.
Some time ago I've implemented a similar function using JAVA and had no
problems...

Maybe in the future we will try again with curl, but I can't say now...

Many thanks to everyone who tried to help us.

Regards,
Massimiliano