Re: Signal handling problem in libcurl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:46:52 -0700

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:29:18PM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> The only way I can think of is to run the resolver in a child process,
> with the result communicated by pipe, and kill the child process if
> you don't want it any more.

Good idea! I'm a bit worried about actually doing this unconditionally
in libcurl, though. A multi interface using program with a few hundred
handles open could all of a sudden see hundreds of processes being created
for this purpose. Mind you, a multi interface using program with a few
hundred handles open should be using c-ares, but creating processes within
libcurl could still have the potential of messing up an unsuspecting app.

>>> Dan