Re: Signal handling problem in libcurl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:06:23 -0700

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 04:11:06PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Yang Tse wrote:
>
>> Some quick archeology in CVS reveals that the 'alarm' check has never
>> been done in configure. Should the check be introduced?
>
> Wow. Yes it should be!

There are a number of places in setup.h where HAVE_ALARM is set (and unset)
depending on the platform. It looks like it's set for just about all
platforms by default then unset for a few select ones. I don't know why
this approach was taken except if the current signal handler alarm approach
doesn't work on those platforms.

>>> Dan